Thursday 13 January 2011

One thing I am not is a "Finisher"

What seems like a lifetime ago, I was sent on a management training course by work. Part of the course involved testing for various traits and leadership qualities. I don't really remember much else about the course but one thing has stuck in my mind, that apparently I am not a "finisher". I am great at starting projects, at inspiration and ideas, but not that great at seeing them through to the end.

This is something I hope I have worked on but there are several unfinished projects lying around the house that would suggest I need to give it some more work. This is why crochet and amigurami appeals to me so much. It gives almost instant gratification, keep it simple and you can make a ball in an hour or a toy in an evening. With larger projects you can see it growing before your eyes, which spurs me on to complete things. I don't seem to have as many problems finishing them, maybe thats just because it is so much fun.

I was bought a book of amigurami with a hook and a few yarns just over 12 months ago and haven't looked back. I love it!  So I thought I'd show you a few things I have made. Some of these are still around and will make it into the nursery, others have been given away.

My first ever amigurami

Kitteh - we still have her, she will be watching the mobile with mischief on her mind

A pair of owls - big given to my nephcousin and little to my nan

Bear pod - he has a secret compartment for my little ones trinkets

Red Pikmin - the first amigurami that i made without a pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I've done similar training to that too and have also been classed as an inspirer. You only have to look at my house to see I'm not a finisher :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red Pikmin now in the possession of ME! Along with his little Yellow friend! I love them! I'll have to get you some really blue wool, and beg you to make a Blue Pikmin for me too! x

    ReplyDelete